Monday, August 27, 2007

Sat, Aug 18

Conway, NH: The wind was really soughing through the trees last night. Great sleeping! In fact, I didn’t even get up until 9:30. Had a fire most of the morning and filled the water tank. Then went inside and played Trivial Pursuit for a while. Trying to decide if we want to go see another movie at that cute little theater in Conway. Looks to be an iffy day—sprinkling off and on. Decided to stay, so I put a pork roast in the oven and we continued playing Trivial Pursuit. Mike won (barely). Had dinner of roast pork, stuffing (ala Stove Top) and snap peas. Really good. Then played Backgammon (I won 2 out of 3) and then rummy (I won both games). Really getting chilly now. Had the heat on for a while. Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny but really cool. Mike wants to go to the top of Mount Washington before we leave the area. I have no desire to go up there. It’s a big mound of granite up there anyway. Today it was foggy up there, 34 degrees and winds gusting to 75 miles an hour. Oh yeah, sounds like fun to me.

No comments: