Saturday, August 22, 2009

The house--nice view of the mountains

The barn


Thu, 8/13/09

West Fork NF CG, Pagosa Springs, CO: Not as cold this morning. But I still started the furnace while taking my shower. Pretty cloudy today which kept the temperature down some. We relaxed most of the day. I got my keyboard out and played for a couple of hours. Then we went and got some water. This campground doesn’t even have spigots. They have a well with a pump. It takes 40 pumps to prime it and then about 70 pumps to fill up a 6 gallon tote. So, about 200 pumps altogether to fill two six-gallon totes. We take turns pumping and it’s a great upper body workout. Then we use the transfer pump to transfer from the totes to the holding tank. I rearranged some cupboards and then sat outside reading for a while. The hummers are all over and we put out some peanuts for the chipmunks. Later in the afternoon we drove into Pagosa Springs. I dropped off a prescription at City Market pharmacy and then we drove around on the outskirts for a while. We saw some amazing properties—huge mansion homes with large barns and elaborate, electronic gates. And beautiful views of the rugged and beautiful San Juan mountains in the distance. Came back and Mike took me out to dinner for my birthday. We went to the Ole’ Miners Steakhouse. The place was really cute with a lot of mining memorabilia. Started raining while we were having dinner. It was 83 when we went in and 65 when we came out. At our campground it was 57. It’s supposed to get down to 32 in Pagosa Springs on Saturday night, which means it’ll be colder up here. Will have to bring the poor plant in. It’s a Key West plant after all. Played Aggravation again. I won both games. Poor Mike.

No comments: